YuChiang Cheng who joins Zwift as Chief Product Officer where he will own the end-to-end customer experience of Zwift’s products; driving customer value, innovation and quality. Cheng will lead Product Design & UX, Engineering, Game Design & Art, Product Management, R&D, Content Programming, LiveOps, QA, and Community Support.
That is some job list and many in the community have rightly had their expectations lifted by Zwift appointment of more top-dollar staff and the near half a billion dollars of new investment. Some will have noticed the link between the appointment of Mark Cote, from Specialised and the venture capital wing of Specialised’s investment in Zwift as part of the series C round of investing into this the market leading virtual cycling platform.
To meet the expectations of the old user base, with our admittedly limited knowledge of technology platforms of this nature, we make the guess that in order to deliver on the expectations of investors and users, Zwift may need to totally replatform? To keep everyone happy, what do you think Zwift need to prioritise to keep all the interest tribes happy?
Here is our list:
- The draft – this includes the sticky draft; the group riding draft; meeting the expectation of people used to riding IRL in groups
- Far more worlds accessible from the dashboard, without logging out and back in again. 3 worlds per day seem crazy when we know what Zwift’s competition is
- Results on-screen that are absolutely accurate, with no need for Zwift Power
- Making the platform suitable and engaging for the mass-market ‘Peloton’ style spinning user (adapted spinning bike with a speed and cadence sensor), all the way through to the super-accurate data driven competitive cyclist or triathlete, who yearns for the reality of indoors, outdoors.
- Taking the features of the Zwift Hacks team https://zwifthacks.com and making them standard features in the platform.
- Rethinking the levels and at the very least, introducing far more levels than 50
- Enabling far more suitable sports that create true scale
What do you want or expect from Zwift going forwards?
The journey continues…