In the new abnormal world, in our editorial team, we roll around the floor when we read ‘the best turbo/smart trainers to buy in 2020.’ The answer is, whatever you can get your hands on (through legal means) and you can afford!!
As we all know that the global supply-chain is massively disrupted and as a result, models held back for a later roll-out are hitting the shops any time now!
Elite have released, early, the Suito-T and here are Elite’s specs:
- A compact ‘briefcase’ form factor also makes this a very easy trainer to carry, store or transport, it will happily fit inside a cupboard or locker when not in use
- An entirely new magnetic drive unit was developed specifically for the Suito-T with a maximum output of 1,900 watts at 60 KM/H that can replicate inclines up to 15%, the data from it provides a calculated power reading that is accurate to within 2.5%
- Large gearing wheel increases flywheel RPMs, generating a smoother, more realistic feel
- Compatible with 130 and 135 mm quick-release frames as well as 142 x 12 mm thru-axles, adaptors for BOOST 148 x 12 frames are available separately
- Includes a free 12-month subscription to ELITE’s My E-training App for Windows, iOS and Android
- A custom front wheel riser block is included
- Compatible with 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano and SRAM cassettes, can be adapted for Campagnolo using adaptor TT14233 or SRAM XDR using adaptor TT14279
WARNING – 11-speed cassette may be tricky as we are hearing separately (from industry sources) that 11-speed cassettes are like rocking horse muck – therefore read the above as 12-speed, and 10-speed and start thinking that for any turbos that come without a cassette.