Cornwall is not just famous for it’s scones, titanium was discovered there in 1791, Titanium has the highest strength-to-density ratio of any metallic element and it was an immense corrosion resistance. It therefore makes a lot of sense to use this wondrous material in sports and adventure watches.
Suunto has therefore announced the launch of the all-new Suunto 7 Titanium which builds upon Suunto’s versatile sports expertise as well as the features that have made the Suunto 7 an industry-leading wearable, including a ultra-bright OLED touch display, more than 70 sport modes and helpful smartwatch features from Wear OS by GoogleTM that provides access to thousands of apps via Google Play.
The new model has a more minimalistic aesthetic with a high grade titanium bezel, an ultra-soft micro-fibre textile strap that flexes around the wrist for a comfortable, breathable and secure fit, and two colour variants inspired by natural colours and matte surfaces derived from nature: Matte Black Titanium and Stone Grey Titanium.
The Suunto 7 range receives a significant software update, integrating in-depth sleep tracking analysis, body resources management and immediate heart rate feedback visibility. Then again, who wears a watch in bed?! Suunto’s president thinks otherwise…
“As a brand, we believe it’s crucial to develop healthy sleep habits for optimal performance and recovery, maintaining consistent daily energy levels and establishing long-term positive sleep cycles,” says Heikki Norta, Suunto’s President. “The upgraded Suunto 7 Titanium model reflects our emphasis on the importance of sleep by providing a wearable that is comfortable on the wrist 24/7 and features all the tracking tools and analysis needed to develop positive sleep habits.”
New software upgrades (can be downloaded for current Suunto 7 models):
- Comprehensive sleep data and analysis with three new watch tiles for trackingsleep duration and stages, managing body resources and real-time access to heart rate feedback. The new sleep tracking tools will be available for all Suunto 7 watches via a software update and further sleep analysis is available on the Suunto app
- Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot, one of the leading route planningtools in the industry, with alerts to assure users don’t miss a turn
- Daily HR: quick check and track your heart rate throughout the day.
The new Suunto 7 Titanium is available for pre-order starting 30.3.2021 and available forpurchase at suunto.com and selected retail partners 21.4.2021. rrp £389.
We previously reviewed the Suunto 9 – the all-new Suunto 9 Baro Titanium is a premium upgrade of the brand’s flagship sports watch, the Suunto 9, designed for the most demanding outdoor sports and adventures. Highlighted features include an intelligent GPS system for optimal battery management, comprehensive weather tracking features and 80+ pre-built sport modes including hiking, skiing and mountainbiking with customizable screens providing unlimited options for in-activity views.
New upgrades include:
- Up to 170 hours of GPS battery life in Tour Mode
- Point of interest navigation, save a target location on the go with thewatch or beforehand in the Suunto app and navigate seamlessly to thedestination
- New minimalistic geometry with a titanium bezel making the watchthe lightest in the Suunto 9 range, while maintaining extreme durability
- Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot, one of the leading routeplanning tools in the industry, with alerts to assure users don’t miss aturn
- Tested against United States military standards, [MIL-STD-810]
- Abrasion resistant textile straps capable of long exposure to sun andwater are included in two sizes
- Two colour variants, inspired by natural colours and matte surfacesderived from nature: Granite Blue Titanium and Charcoal Black TitaniumThe new Suunto 9 Baro Titanium is available at www.suunto.com and selected retail partners from 30.3.2021. rrp £539.